Nordic citizens are not required to have a visa to travel to the United Kingdom, but must have a passport valid for 3 months after departure. For non-nordic citizens, please visit this website to see if you need a visa.
Visumservice assists with business visa applications to the United Kingdom for foreigners with valid residency in the Nordic countries. On a business visa you can travel to the UK for conferences, meetings, training, academic research or a sabbatical. There are further some intra-corporate activities and certain types of contracted installment, dismantling and repairs that can be performed on this visa. Select the business visa category in the menu above to see all visa requirements and apply for a visa.
If you need any other type of visa, please fill out this form
If you are a corporate client and would like to order for one of your employees, kindly complete this order form.
Send the following documents to Visumservice online (upload requested documents in the application form):
Simplified application form for UK Visas and Immigration authorities (completed by the applicant)
Copy of your passport
Copy of your residence permit
Copy of letter of invitation from the UK
Copy of letter og guarantee
Prepare to bring the following documents for your UK visa centre appointment:
Residence permit (original and 1 copy)
3 latest payslips or bank statement (proof of financial means)
Letter of guarantee from employer. Check requrements here.
- Letter of invitation from the client/partner you are going to visit. Check requirements here.
The applicant will have to meet in person at the UK visa application centre and bring original documents to the appointment.If you intend to apply for a business visa valid several entries or for more than 6 months:
- Proof of inteded travels to UK in the future. This must be stated in both the letter of invitation and letter of guarantee.
Total processing time 2-6 weeks:
1-3 working days to complete your application.
1-2 weeks waiting time for appointment at the visa centre.
2-3 weeks for return of processed visa with normal processing time UK.
Or 3-5 working days for return of processed visa with express processing time UK (additionallyEUR 224,5).
Number of entries and validity:
Visas valid for up to 6 months (EUR 176):
- 1 entry within 6 months after date of issue - up to six months stay
- 2 entries within 6 months after date of issue - up to six months stay
- Multiple entries 6 months after date of issue - up to six months stay
Visas valid for over 6 months - Additional cost and requirements. Please contact us for more information:
- Multiple entries 2 years after date of issue - up to six months stay (EUR 488)
- Multiple entries 5 years after date of issue - up to six months stay (EUR 810)
- Multiple entries 10 years after date of issue - up to six months stay (EUR 1000)
The UK visa application centres in the Nordic countries are situated in the capitals only. You can apply from the country where you have a valid residence permit or other valid proof of legal stay (e.g. valid Schengen visa).
Sweden - Stockholm (9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday)
Norway - Oslo (9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Monday and Tuesday only)
Denmark - Copenhagen (9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday)
Finland - Helsinki (9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Fortnightly on Thursday - weekly during peak months)
Visumservice processing fee:
- Normal processing: 2000,- SEK ex VAT
- Express handling: 3000,- SEK ex VAT